IKEA's navigation menus feature a simple navigation bar on the top of the layout. The most important entry points are shown as is a button for new items. A drop down menu at right for the rest of the top level entry points. Within each section, tree navigation interfaces are provided for browsing more deeply within the section.
2. "Living Room" selected in the global navigation. Local navigation appears in the left sidebar.
3. Selecting a local nav link in the left sidebar expand that branch of the local tree.
4. Selected links in the tree are highlighted.
5. The "All Departments" link in the global navigation displays the expanded top level of the tree.
6. Selecting a branch in "All Departments" doesn't display a selected link in the global nav.